One gal's experience trying to find work in the big city...

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"I will follow you..." (Get it!? This is a follow-up post!)

Is it sad that the real reason I don't really want to do this whole meet and greet thing tonight is because I don't have cable?

Ok, let me explain.

I don't have cable. But the bf does. With DVR. And since the obligation that's making me leave this shindig early is picking him up from the airport in my car that I park by his place, all I can think about is how if I went straight over there after work, I'd be able to watch Sunday's "Game of Thrones" before having to leave to get him. And maybe even start some of Monday's "Bethany Ever After." But now I have to wait til after we get back from the airport. And then I'd basically have to take over the TV from both him and his roommate. And while I don't really feel bad about that because I really want to watch my damn shows that aren't on Hulu and therefore cannot be watching during the work day, and that desire trumps even the fact that they actually live there and pay the bills, I still feel guilty the whole time. And who can enjoy a good mix of medieval sci-fy and a crazy/sarcastic Manhattan couple with a baby when they feel guilty!!? Exactly.

So, my point is, this better be a good time, because I have a lot of TV to watch and now I have very little time to do it!

And no, it cannot wait another day. A) Because I have no patience and this is about the end of my rope (and yet I'm too cheap to even consider getting cable for myself). And B) because he's out of town for the weekend and going over to his and the roommate's apartment just to watch TV for a few hours by myself is a little creepy. Though, if need be, still totally possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment