One gal's experience trying to find work in the big city...

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Heading out into the jungle

Hello world.

Yes, I am jumping to the conclusion that the entire world is reading this. Or will be shortly.

Let me start my blogging experience by explaining why I have joined you here, as a public figure (public icon, perhaps?) on the world wide web. I was laid off from my job mid-January. Wah wah wah, I know. But here's the real point. Since then, I have obviously been searching for jobs all over the internet, applying for the ones that strike my fancy, and even interviewing for some. And through this grandiose experience, oh-so-many stories have come about. And I decided it's not fair to keep these experiences to myself, especially when there are probably many other people out there who can relate. So I come here today to share my experiences with you. I don't know if it will make you laugh, make you feel like you're not alone, make you worry about the state of the economy and let's face it, the whole world, or just make you glad you're not going through this. None of that even matters. What matters is that I have had some ridiculous job hunting experiences and it's time to take them to the web.

And so it begins with my pursuit to be a matchmaker...

No comments:

Post a Comment