One gal's experience trying to find work in the big city...

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Boobies!

My comment about lifting my shirt for the model guy (which, by the way, wasn't a full lift, just enough to find my belly button) reminded me that I promised Playboy a while back and I have yet to deliver.

Well here it is.

And it has nothing to do with boobies! Hahahaha.

In all honesty, this is the second time I have applied for a position in the corporate office of Playboy. However, I don't think they like me. And for good reason.

This one's a short one (aka, normal-people length).

I came across a listing for a position titled "Rights and Permissions Assistant", that's basically an administrative job. It sounded pretty good for me, so I started applying. Playboy has a kind of old-school set up for their online applications, where you have a 5-step process or so to go through to submit information. It was taking me a while to get through it and then I realized I need to upload a cover letter, I couldn't just paste it in a box on the application.

So I start up a Word document and get to editing my cover letter template so that it fits the job I'm applying for. I start out by saying how my previous positions have set me up to be perfect for this job, talk about the qualities I can bring to the Rights and Admissions Assistant position, talk about how great I am, yadda yadda yadda.

I save it, upload it on the site, and submit everything to Playboy. I get an email a few minutes later letting me know they recieved my application for the Rights and Permissions Assistant and they'll review it and be in touch.

Um, wait.

Rights and Permissions??

And I look over my cover letter again. Sure enough, I start out my first paragraph with Rights and Permissions and by the time my cover letter is finished, I have written Rights and ADMISSIONS three times, as well as saved the document under that name.

Well shit.

Guess this isn't going to be how I get a job with Playboy. If only there was another way...

I kid, I kid!

But maybe Chicago Top Models could have hooked me up, huh? Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment