One gal's experience trying to find work in the big city...

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

Updates on EVERYTHING.

And yes, I realize that title is CRAP, but it's 5:45 and my brain has stopped functioning. So deal with it. I'll do better next time.

First off, let's talk about that briefly mentioned lawsuit that came out of nowhere for most of you.

I talked to the insurance agency, found out what's been going on, how they tried to settle with the TURD for 'significantly less' than he asked for, how he of course refused, how it's moved to the insurance's lawyer now (she's the one who's been sending me papers in the mail, apparently I'm an idiot for not just knowing that immediately and knowing how getting sued works right away, you know, with all my previous experience with this!), and how there's going to be a deposition so I have to answer questions but hopefully won't actually go to court after that.

Whew. So that's fun. I'm relieved that a) I know what the hell happened to lead to me getting crap in the mail, b) all the insurance people agree on the dude's douchebag status, and c) they're still handling it, though I now I have participate some. But unless he asks for a couple million or something, I shouldn't have to get my own lawyer. Awesome. So glad I'm learning these fun life lessons at 25 years old. All my talk of suing like seven different people in the past (and by seven, I mean mainly my first orthodontist who I still blame for the second round of braces I had to get in college) is less funny now that I'm on the receiving end. Boo, douchebag. Way to ruin my 'Let's just sue them!' comment for forever now.

So I guess I'll start keeping you posted on this fun stuff now too...until I'm told to stop talking about it by a lawyer or judge (as I'm pretty sure what I'm doing right now is illegal). I'm just waiting on a callback and actual conversation with this lawyer now, before I fill out any paperwork. I'm not taking any more risks EVER AGAIN.

Oh, speaking of taking risks, we're now done with phase one of the attempt at getting a 6-month travel writing job. It's all up to the judges and our number of votes. Which, by the way, is AMAZING! I've been all over Facebook with this stuff, but we managed to come up at #24 out of around 800 applicants...and they pick out 50 to move on to the next round! So, unless the judges are planning on getting added to my douchebag shit-list, I'll hopefully be harassing people for votes a lot more soon! Stay posted... and then vote like your life depends on it if we're in the 50 who move on.

And finally, the realistic job hunt. Well, I just got back into the routine of working out, eating lunch, and hitting up a coffee shop (Caribou Coffee, I'm talking about you! Pay me to promote you!??!) today. But better than that, and this is where you get excited people!, I have an interview tomorrow!

Yay!! Less bitching, and more storytelling! I'm sure you're as excited as I am.

Anyways, one of the millions of staffing agencies I signed up with somehow got wind that I was once again out on my ass and called me out of the blue about an opportunity the other day. Seriously, how do they DO that?? It's a little bit creepy. But hey, I'll take it. And this is one that hasn't sent me on any crap interviews... yet. So, we'll see how it works out. It's a group interview. Which means that even if I do well and the company seems cool, I'll be able to trash some of the other people interviewing for the job!

And by trash, I mean critique and offer constructive criticism on a blog they will never read. Because I am never judgmental or overly dramatic about interviews and the people involved! Who, me?? Never!

So stay tuned friends, shits going to go down tomorrow (the interview and the judgment day for the travel gig)... though, since it's the weekend and this blog is still not paying me (yes, I expect money to shoot out of my disc drive anytime I post a new story and I still don't understand why that isn't happening yet!), you'll probably hear from me next month.

Though I'll post earlier if you have something to offer. And I witnessed chatroulette for the first time yesterday, and I don't want ANY of what people offer on that, thank you very much. Let's keep in clean, kids. That shit was NASTY!

And on that note, have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment