One gal's experience trying to find work in the big city...

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!

OUTRAGEOUS!

Remember that email I copied on here last week?? Meaning, the one in the post right below this one??

Well, that was the end of that correspondence.

BUT..........

I was doing the usual, applying all over the internet yesterday, Craigslist included. And I see a posting for a receptionist position with a vet clinic downtown. Ummmm, awesome! I can work with dogs but can't end up adopting all of them at the end of the day like I probably would if I volunteered at a shelter like I want to do?? Yes please!

So I apply, including a cute and witty sentence in my cover letter...again... but this time about how I know they said they wanted someone who loves animals so that they could talk to the owners about their pets in their job post, but I hope they don't mind someone who will talk to the pets as well, as I'm the girl who stops to say hi to a dog out on a walk! Hahahahaha. Sooooo funny, am I right?

Anyways, I send it off, pretty much completely hopeless because it's Craigslist and nothing ever comes of it. But hey, maybe this will be the one!

Along with that hopelessness, I apparently was also completely clueless.

Let me show you the response I got:

Great news!


We've taken some time to look through the applications. And we've decided to make you a part of our staff. We'd love for you to come in for an interview.


We are still REQUIRED to run credit and background checks on all our employees. This is because we have a lot of private and sensitive information lying around in our office, and the nature of the work itself.


Visit this link to get the credit report; it's free of course. Simply email us the verification number--we don't require you to send us your private info via email. But we WILL need your verification number to set up your interview. The BG check will be done in person.


E-mail me if you have any questions. Look forward to seeing you soon!

--

Angela Franklin, Manager

Marvin DVM

angela@marvindvm.com

www.marvindvm.com


I AM NOT KIDDING!!!

Word for fricking word. And I highly suggest you check out the website from my previous post and this one, just so you can see what FAKE COMPANIES look like. This one is especially great because of all the cute pictures of animals, as if they really are a vet's office, but yet the Contact Us section is mysteriously "under construction."

WOULDN'T YOU WANT TO ALLOW PEOPLE TO CONTACT YOU EVEN IF FOR SOME ODD REASON YOU DON'T HAVE AN OFFICE LOCATION YET IF YOU WERE ACTUALLY A REAL COMPANY???

Yeah, that's what I thought.

I haven't decided if I want to respond to this one or not. I kind of want to forward the one from "Diego" as a response and have the subject heading be "CAUGHT RED HANDED" or something like that.

But I probably won't. I may report them both to Craigslist as a scam though. But I probably won't do that either.

I'd rather just continue to look for a job, and a real one at that.

Craigslist, you are this close to my shitlist right now....

2 comments:

  1. Hey, got thatresponse to the same ad as well. Oh, and i am in denver. I had fun for both of us though. I flagged their ad and proceeded to respond explaining any further contact from them will result in contacting of the proper authorities. lol, aw the irony. I hate craigslist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received the same response. I'm getting pretty good at picking out scam posts, but when they make an official looking advertisement, it makes it more tricky. I know its a scam just from seeing they want you to get your credit checked before the interview...

    ReplyDelete