One gal's experience trying to find work in the big city...

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

As Celine Dion says, "And that's the way it is."

So, yesterday got awkward. For me, at least. Because the elephant in the room was finally, somewhat addressed.

I got an email from my current coworker, who is a lovely person, and who is looking out for me. However, that 'looking out for me' now includes letting me know when a position comes in from a client that I'd be a good fit for and submitting my resume for that.

Which, when reading in writing that you are definitely not getting the job you applied for even though you've been working your butt off to impressive everyone while doing at-times tedious filing work, is not the best of news, even if it's about a potential job.

Obviously, my time here is not going to be what I originally came here to do. However, the good thing is that I haven't given up my good mentality yet. Which is a miracle (yes, it's only been two days, but that's how quickly I can turn from hopeful to completely pessimistic... actually, try two minutes). But it's also in part from a new, tiny tiny hope that this position will turn into something part time and permanent. It was mentioned as a possible outcome in the previously mentioned email, and I'm going to latch on to that and fight for it. Like these creatures... www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeOSXtBCY30 ...latch on to a whale carcass. Ok, so they're not really fighting for it as much as DEVOURING it, but I really just needed to share that special video!

Anywho, part time work isn't too shabby of a deal, provided I can temp around those hours so I make a full-time wage, or I get an agent and start making boatloads of money acting. I'm thinking that's definitely the realistic option too, so maybe start looking for me on TV or billboards or in movies. Yes, I will sign autographs, but I will have a limit per day, so get to it early.

The good news for all three of you reading this, outside of now knowing that you'll be able to have an autograph, is that there are a lot more possibilities for blogs about bad interviews or awkward temp gigs then there are for me to find a happy home in a job and have nothing at all to share with you.

And on that note, go celebrate that excellent news while celebrating your holidays this week, whatever they may be. And yes, I mean that in the British sense of the word too, for all you spring breakers! Paarrrrrrttttaaaayyyy!

No comments:

Post a Comment