One gal's experience trying to find work in the big city...

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Happiness is a Warm Gun

While jobs relating to children don't seem to find me appealing after they originally contact me (I seriously don't get why it's so hard to send out a quick email saying thanks but no thanks. I did it as a recruiter, and I had like 300 people to email!), I'm beginning to feel good about a recent company I've interviewed with.

Yes, I realize this is a horribly depressing moment for those of you who are reading this as the possible coming-to-an-end of my blog, but before you get too upset, nothing is set in stone yet. I have another potentially awkward interview scheduled for Monday evening, and I will continue to share my awkward life encounters and especially my audition experiences long after I find a job. So wipe away that single tear, and let's move on now.

As I was saying, I had an interview with a small (as in, the number of employees aren't in the double digits yet) company on Tuesday, the day after the DOUCHEBAG experience, and then moved on for a second interview on Wednesday.

And I have nothing bad to say.

Crazy, right?!

But really, the people were awesome, the company seems great, the location is fantastic, and I'm really excited by the opportunity.

It's actually a little freaky because it seems impossible for things to work out that well. It makes me uncomfortable, since it's an experience I haven't had.

And it's not a done deal yet, so I am going to be silly and superstitious and keep my mouth shut, but I am temping for them while they make a hiring decision, since they can't make that decision for a few weeks and because they're short staffed, and that makes me feel more confident that they like me! Obviously I'll keep you posted.

And while I get that you want to hope for bad things to happen so that I can continue making your days brighter with my hilarious storytelling, it'd be cool if you could wish me well and hope for good things, since this blog has yet to be picked up for a book deal and therefore I need to make a living. And if I'm dead from starvation you're probably going to have less opportunities to read my funny stories about auditions and creepy encounters on the CTA (which I guarantee will happen). So let's hope for the best here, huh!?

Also, I applied for a dog walking position today that I saw on Craigslist, if that makes you feel any better about possible future awkwardness!

But, if I somehow run out of things to share, remind me to tell you about the audition I went to a few weeks ago. In a gym. That smelled like poop.

PS... The title is a reference, not a suicidal comment. It's my attempt at being abstract about how my happiness at getting a job might make people think this blog is dead. Yes, really. And I'm more concerned about your state of being if you don't know that song.

No comments:

Post a Comment