One gal's experience trying to find work in the big city...

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Silent Treatment

An update on the 'To Be Continued' post.

They are ignoring me. (They, just to remind you, being the childcare company that asked me random questions over the phone, like "mountains or ocean?")

I have no idea what happened, what I did to them, or if something horrible occurred (which would be bad), but I have now emailed the woman twice over a two-week time period since she sent me an email about needing to reschedule my interview, and I also followed up by calling the office and leaving a voicemail for the woman who originally interviewed me over the phone.

Nada. Zero. Zip. Zilch.

They hate me.

Maybe they figured out I'm not a fan of children??

Speaking of which, I not only updated my profile on the nanny website I had posted stuff on a while ago, but this time I actually searched for families that matched my profile and then (and this is the big shocker) I even emailed one of the families about nannying for their four-month-old daughter!

Times are a getting desperate.

I also haven't heard anything from that family.

Once again, the silent treatment is a move made in the ongoing game of my job hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment